NOTE: Some of these reports are several hours old so some of the snow has melted by now. In fact some of the lesser amounts may all be gone by now. But it was a pleasant sight for a few hours.
* 1/2 inch on Monte Sano in Huntsville from WAAY-TV
* One inch Florence from the Lauderdale County EMA Office
* One inch Skyline, Jackson County reported by Elementary School
* 1/2 inch Section. The Fyffe Police Dept., reported a snow-covered highway 35 between Section to Scottsboro
* 3 inches Mentone reported by Cloudmont Ski and Golf Resort
* 1/4 inch Arab, Marshall County
* 1/2 inch West Point/Cullman County, from NWS coop observer
* One inch Hodges, Franklin County
The above reports relayed via National Weather Service/Huntsville.
Radar just before 4 pm showed some snow showers still in progress over North Central Alabama mainly from East Walker County into Blount County as well as Etowah, Calhoun, Talladega and Cherokee County.
SPOT REPORTS AT MID-AFTERNOON
38 Decatur, cloudy
39 Huntsville, cloudy
36 Cullman Airport (Vinemont) light rain
37 Albertville, cloudy
37 Fort Payne, light rain
42 Anniston, cloudy
41 Gadsden, cloudy
37 Haleyville, cloudy
44 Tuscaloosa, cloudy
42 Birmingham, cloudy
37 Nashville, flurries