Still Rather Chilly Out There At Midday

| November 13, 2019 @ 11:28 am

As of 11:00 am, temperatures across Central Alabama were in the mid-30s to the mid-40s. Auburn, Troy, Marion, and Montgomery were all tied as the warm spots at 44 degrees. Haleyville was the cold spot at 36 degrees. Birmingham was at 41 degrees. You can’t blame the sun for trying to warm us up as skies are absolutely clear at this point. It will continue to be that way for the remainder of the afternoon and into the early evening hours with highs only reaching the upper 40s to the lower 50s across the area from northwest to southeast.

As we move into the late evening through the rest of the night and into the overnight hours, clouds will begin to move in. We’ll stay dry and overnight lows will bottom out in the upper 20s to the mid-30s from northwest to southeast.

We’ll begin to have more moist air move in from the southwest and we’ll eventually have some light shower activity move in over the southern half of Central Alabama late into the day on Thursday and through the overnight hours. The rain will be out of the area completely by the morning rush hours. The highest rain chances will be along and south of the I-59 corridor topping out in the 40%-80% range. North of the I-59 corridor, chances will be much less, around the 20%-30% range. Highs will top out in the mid-40s to the lower 50s across the area. Rainfall amounts will be around 1/4-inch or less.

The tropics continue to be quiet and no new tropical cyclones are expected within the next five days. The Atlantic Hurricane Season comes to a close on November 30th, which is also my beautiful wife’s birthday.

Category: Alabama's Weather, ALL POSTS

About the Author ()

Scott Martin is an operational meteorologist, professional graphic artist, musician, husband, and father. Not only is Scott a member of the National Weather Association, but he is also the Central Alabama Chapter of the NWA president. Scott is also the co-founder of Racecast Weather, which provides forecasts for many racing series across the USA. He also supplies forecasts for the BassMaster Elite Series events including the BassMaster Classic.

Comments are closed.